California Privacy Notice
Effective: December 14, 2022
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete or anonymize Personal Information we have collected about you.
We do not sell the Personal Information of our users.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold your Personal Information to any other entity; and we do not and will not sell Personal Information to third parties.
In the 12 months preceding the date of this Notice, we have collected personal information, and will continue to collect personal information, in the following circumstances:
- Identifiers, such as your name, username, email address, phone number, unique device identifiers, and your IP address
- when you sign up for and use any aspect of our services
- when you purchase a subscription or other product from us
- when you use the Service to build your family tree or invite others to view or edit your family tree
- when you post an obituary or share an obituary
- when you communicate with our customer support team (e.g., support tickets) or other representatives
- when you participate in any surveys or questionnaires on the Service
- when you link an account from Facebook or Google to your account on our Service, for authentication
- Personal characteristics protected by law, such as your gender and age
- Internet or electronic network activity information, such as information about your device and your use of our services
- Geo-location data, when shared through your device settings or photos
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as your profile picture or voice sample
- Professional or employment information when you respond to questions
- Inferences we draw or derive about users, such as your interests or preferences
How do we use Personal Information?
How is Personal Information shared?
The personal information you provide is not shareable externally without your direct action and approval. At your direction we may share information in the follow methods.
- Family tree and archives shared with family and friends
- Obituaries configured to be searchable and publicly viewable
- Images processed by ArchivePix then shared with family and friends
- Remortal movies shared with family and friends
- We may also share (not sell) aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information with third parties that provide services to us.
How can I exercise my rights under the CCPA?
If you want to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 562.800.8942.
In addition to exercising these rights yourself, you may also designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf.
CCPA Reporting Metrics
The CCPA requires us to disclose certain metrics about the various requests we get, such as how many specific requests we received from California residents in the last calendar year. Below are metrics regarding the CCPA requests to know, delete, and opt-out we received from California residents in the previous calendar years.
||Requests Compiled with in Whole or Part
||Median number of days taken to respond
|Requests to Know
|Requests to Delete
|Requests to Opt-Out
Terms and Conditions
California Privacy Notice